Hathor Health Fair
The Hathor Health Fair Series is named for the Egyptian god of women’s health and music. We, like the Egyptians of old, live in a society of both the privileged and the slaves, this state of society has gone on too long. Hathor reminds us that for thousands of years we have battled trafficking, slavery and disparity of services. Kolkata has the second largest red light district in Asia and it is estimated that over 10,000 women are currently trapped in sex slavery in the city of Joy.
Beginning from Season Two, the Kolkata Classics Trust expanded its vision to include a health fair. We now have one fair per incoming artists for the women and children of the red light districts in Kolkata. This underserved community is comprised of women recently out of trafficking, women still trapped in the sex industry and children of these families.
The Health Fair is open to all.
• Vaccinate children to save lives, save family time & money, and to protect future generations.
• Empower trafficked women to make changes in their lives
• Prevent the spread of STDs in the sex industry through
• Aid in obtaining a government identity card to break the cycle of the invisible
• Uplift, inspire and feed the soul of those in need